Re: Dinosauir Beaks (was Re: DINOSAUR digest 2427)

John McLoughlin (darwincr@laplaza.org) wrote:

<Are there any examples of preservation of non-theropod beaks, e.g.,
ceratopid? Among the theropods, do any oviraptorids show beak
preservation?>

  Some keratin has been recovered in *Edmontosaurus annectens*, as a large
overhanging and deep premaxillary beak structure, and in *Dromeciomimus*
and *Gallimimus*, but not any oviraptorids that I am aware of, though I
suspect there has not been a concerted effort to LOOK for it.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden