Re: Dinosaur Big Foot * Impacts and Lava * Crucial Root * Short Story * DINOSAUR NEWS

> >**  Impacts, lava may have joined to kill dinosaurs
> >Researchers at University College London are suggesting that the
> >Indian lava
> >flows are the impact site of an earlier, larger meteor, and that
> >evidence of the impact was submerged by upwelling lava
>
>    But Koeberl doubts there was a Shiva impact,

Not only that, he calls it "science-fiction". But read the above once
more: That's not Shiva. Shiva is supposed to be southwest of that.

> and how could Chicxulub have
> finished the dinosaurs if a larger, earlier impact could not?

Depends on e. g. the composition of the impact site. The carbonates and
sulfates of Chicxulub made the affair a lot more unhealthy than it would
have been otherwise.

Me, I wait for the evidence that there's a crater under the traps, which
doesn't sound logical.