AMNH 1942

Just as a novice...

I have a very good cast of AMNH 1942, granted that the paint job does not even closely resemble the stains found on the original specimen, I can find eight oddities on the slab. In fact they are one of the reasons that I like the fossil so well. The "oddities" that I find are small starfish, very cool little guys that completely surround the specimen, some are partially covered by the pterosaur.

Just some thoughts... would love to hear about some pterosaur babies though. Would make a very cool little sculpture.

Allan D. Smith
Fossilsmith Studios
http://www.fossilsmith.com