Re: New Study, T rex Could've Been A Scavenger

Mark Foster <Megavenator1985@msn.com> wrote:

I personally have my doubts of this recent study.

As do I. There's no reason to believe that _Tyrannosaurus_ never scavenged - many mammalian predators resort to scavenging when the opportunity arises (as mentioned frequently on the list). However, to suggest that _Tyrannosaurus_ was an exclusive scavenger is highly improbable. There is a slew of biomechanical evidence that its jaws and forelimbs (despite their puny size) were designed to engage and dispatch live prey. Not to mention those long, arctomet hindlimbs.

Tim