Fwd: April National Geographic and the KT

In it, David Fastovsky, a geobiologist at the University of Rhode Island, says that new research at the Hell Creek Formation in North Dakota shows that a great number of species died out suddenly at the > end of the Cretaceous. What study is this???

Erm.... new study? I thought that for almost two centuries we knew that the non-avian dinosaurs (among many others) died out at the K-T?? Surely that qualifies as "a great number of species"???

Send a fun phone greeting to your friend! http://www.msn.com.sg/mobile/fungreetings/