RE: putative Javelina T.rex specimen

On a recent trip to Terlingua, I ran into
a relatively new fossil exhibit six miles
east of Lajitas on the north side of hwy. 170.

It is still under construction and will soon
be a Dinosaur and Marine Fossil Museum when complete.
The gentleman was nice enough to allow me to photograph
some things.

Of note to this thread are two teeth he had labeled
as Dromaeosaurid. I recognized them not to be Dromaeosaurid
at all but to be Tyrannosaurid. Because of the rarity of
Texas Tyrannosaurid material I thought these pictures
could be of use to someone here.

Any opinions of the ID of the animal that lost these teeth
are welcome too.

I am sorry there is no scale the photos, but the largest
tooth is just under 2".

http://logojoe.com/images/teeth/P3194076B.jpg  800 x 600 195K
http://logojoe.com/images/teeth/P3194077B.jpg  800 x 600 185K
http://logojoe.com/images/teeth/P3194078B.jpg  800 x 600 177K

Regards
Joe Forks

Subject: Re: putative Javelina T.rex specimen
Posted for Chris Brochu.
_______

In a message dated 3/28/2003 9:00:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,