RE: putative Javelina T.rex specimen

Thanks for the info. What geological unit are the teeth from? The Javelina? IIRC W. Langston mentioned a few Javelina tyrannosaur teeth which, like the maxilla TMM 41436-1, appear too small for T. rex, unless they were from juveniles.

Of note to this thread are two teeth he had labeled
as Dromaeosaurid. I recognized them not to be Dromaeosaurid
at all but to be Tyrannosaurid. Because of the rarity of
Texas Tyrannosaurid material I thought these pictures
could be of use to someone here.

Any opinions of the ID of the animal that lost these teeth
are welcome too.

I am sorry there is no scale the photos, but the largest
tooth is just under 2".

http://logojoe.com/images/teeth/P3194076B.jpg  800 x 600 195K
http://logojoe.com/images/teeth/P3194077B.jpg  800 x 600 185K
http://logojoe.com/images/teeth/P3194078B.jpg  800 x 600 177K

Regards
Joe Forks

Subject: Re: putative Javelina T.rex specimen
Posted for Chris Brochu.
_______

In a message dated 3/28/2003 9:00:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,