From: "Tim Donovan" <msdonovan66@hotmail.com>
To: Danvarner@aol.com, dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Bitten Ornithopod on This Side Of Hell?
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 07:14:28 -0500

Danvarner wrote:

       I would really hesitate to say that. To my knowledge, there are no
accurate databases to support that statement. Or are there?

Apparently for a long time. See Lehman's Late Maastrichtian Paleoenvironments and Dinosaur Biogeography in the Western Interior of North America. Fig 8 indicates a drop in the relative abundance of Triceratops and an increase in Edmontosaurus from Hell Creek to Lance. Admittedly that's an old ref but I note Horner's recent work in the Hell Creek yielded considerably more Triceratops specimens than edmontosaurs.

Download Norah Jones, Eminem and more! http://www.msn.com.sg/ringtones/