Re: Sue's head, cartilage, and whatnot...(kinda long)

Muttley,

Thank you for your comments.  I am aware of the taphonomy of soft tissues, and
was not basing this on the preservational position of any specimens.  Rather, I
was basing it on the large degree of variation in disk thickness (strongly
procoelus vertebrae, for example, have very limited pads), and the manner in
which the vertebrae articulate in _Tyranosaurus_.  Although I am certainly open
to alternative interpretations, they would probably need to be based on
osteological correlates and/or the actual articular position.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Hartman
Zoology & Physiology