Mr Rey's painting techniques

>> Luis,
>>
>> Quite outstanding... have you rendered this (at least partially) with
>> software? Any tips would be much appreciated!
>>
>> Peter Markmann
>> Canberra

> From: Luis Rey <luisrey@ndirect.co.uk>
> Date: Tue Nov 4, 2003  3:09:46  AM Australia/Canberra
> To: zone65@bigpond.com
> Subject: Re: A new "Revolution" installment.
>
> Thank you... no way this is computer generated ! I'm close to be a
> computer illiterate (well >almost < I can manage in the cybernetic
> world, but this is a painting on cardboard using acrylics... believe
> me!).
> Tips? Depends on what you want really...

What I want really is to paint half as well as you...! I did think there may
have been digital manipulation involved in this painting because it has that
otherworldly 'glow' about it, while remaining photo-realistic - but you've
obviously achieved this with natural skill.

I realise the skill can't be imparted, but could I ask what brand of acrylic
paint you have, and for details on the
brushes used?

Best,
Peter Markmann