Re: The bigger they were...

Kinda makes one wonder what horrific parasites were around back then.  Being
that some animals seem to have gone through a "giant" phase back then, one must
wonder if parasites were doing the same thing.
     When sperm whales were buthchered aboard ships, they'd often contain
roundworms as long as a man.  There was an instance I read about where one
sperm whale's stomach contained a hundred pounds of nematodes.
     If dragonflies had 3 foot wingspans, whay were THEY eating--mosquitoes
with six inch wingspans?  I would assume that an animal that grew in excess of
40 tons had somewhat think skin.  One would think that it too a significant
mechanisim to penetrate that skin, even in thinner areas.  There must have been
some hidieous bloodsuckers flying around, and some really massive ticks.  So,
anyone ever find some nice, silver-dollar sized ticks?

Eric A