Two papers on early birds

Peters, Dieter.  Anagenesis of Early Birds reconsidered.  Senckenbergiana
lethaea 82(1):347-354, 2002.

An interesting paper, I've only skimmed it, but I noticed the author seems to
believe that Caudipteryx, Protarchaeopteryx, alvarezsaurids, and oviraptorids
are secondarily flightless birds.

Lingham-Soliar, Theagarten.  The dinosaurian origin of feathers: perspectives
from dolphin (Cetacea) collagen fibers.  Narturwissenschaften
(c)Springer-Verlag 2003, 10.1007/s00114-003-0483-7

Dromaeosaur feathers are really collagen fibers.  Sound familiar?

---
Nick Gardner
aim s/n Eoraptor22

[ Logic is blind and often knows only its own past. ]

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com