Dodos, Swifts and Quetzalcoatlus.

I don't know much about pterosaurs, but while looking at bird skeletons in
DA, page 146, I noticed that the albatross has the long thin humerus that
I'd expect in a soarer, but Quetzalcoatlus has a humerus very similar to a
swift! Anybody know why? Were they agile fliers, or is it for a powerful
take-off, or what?

Okay, second question: I was looking at bird skeletons for a restoration of
a dodo I'm doing. The display skeletons I've seen don't look right to me.
The hips slope downward too steeply, and the femur is held too horizontally.
(see: http://www.caret.cam.ac.uk/news/photos_dodo.htm )
DA seems to confirm this, the ostrich and the dinornis both have more
horizontal backs / hips, and more vertical femurs. IIRC, Andrew Kitchener's
1993 work suggested the femur should be quite vertical, too. Anybody got an
opinion on this, before I make a model or paint a picture?

Regards,
Michael Lovejoy
PalaeoProductions
http://www.palaeoproductions.fsnet.co.uk