Re: Dodos, Swifts and Quetzalcoatlus.

Are you sure they were similar to a swift?  Mike, I'm going to send you
a jpeg of a Q species left humerus and a Q northropi left humerus as
seen from the front.  They are the same distance from the camera lens so
are pretty much the same scale.  The left scapulocoracoid of Q species
in the photo is seen from the rear.  The difference in robustness
between the two has to do generally with load factor, gust loading, and
mass. But that said, the maximum compressive bracing is aligned with
launch loads rather than flight or flapping loads.
All the best,
JimC