Re: Neoceratosaur femoral head

The acetabulum, or hip socket, is angled to correspond to the angles head.

>>> "Jordan Mallon" <j_mallon@hotmail.com> 11/14/03 07:50 AM >>>
G'day,

As one of the synapomorphies of the Neoceratosauria is "anteromedial
placement of the femoral head," I'm just wondering how this might have
affected the posture of the theropods in question.  I'm pictuing a sort of
bow-legged quality, though I've never heard anything mentioned to this
effect (I suppose the anteromedial rotation of the femoral head wasn't so
extreme).
Just curious.  Off to write my geochemistry midterm...

Jordan Mallon

Vertebrate Paleontology & Paleoecology

AIM: jslice mallon