"Magnetic Storm" on NOVA

On Tuesday, 11/18/03, NOVA is broadcasting "Magnetic Storm."

    >    "Impact on Animals"
    >    Would a dramatic change in the Earth's magnetic field affect
          creatures that rely on it during migration?
    >    "When Compasses Point South"
    >    As this time line shows, our planet's magnetic shield has reversed
    >    its direction hundreds of times.

http://www.pbs.org/nova/magnetic

Click also on "When Compasses Point South"
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/magnetic/timeline.html
which has a chart showing a "Time Line of Reversals" through the geologic
ages.

Mary