Re: Note to Plesiosaur Artists

Dan stated: "that are showing the same error."  But did not state what the
error is. So I ask again, what error? Since I described most of the known
polycotylid skulls (including the Hays specimen; 1996, A review of short-necked
pleisoaurs from the Cretaceous of the Western Interior, North Ameriva; Neues
Jahrbuch fur Geologie und Palaeontologie, v. 201: 259-287), I am curious what
the error is.
Ken

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology &
Chief Preparator
Dept. of Earth Sciences
Denver Museum of Natural History
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205

Phone: (303)370-6392
Fax: (303)331-6492
email: KCarpenter@DMNS.org

For fun:
 http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Kcarpenter

>>> <Danvarner@aol.com> 17/Nov/03 >>>
KCarpenter@dmns.org (Ken Carpenter) asks:

  << so, what is this error you are hinting at? >>

       I wasn't "hinting" at anything. I thought I was quite explicit. DV