[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
Re: Dinosaur Planet: Updated Website
1. Troodon formosus is really cute in their restoration, but I doubt it stood
as tall as a man.
2. It seems like the tail aught to be longer in Alvarezsaurus, than restored
here, considering the new specimens of Shuvuuia.
3. Aucasaurus was described in 2002, not 1999. CMIIW
4. It's not a member of the Abelisaur genus. *urgh*
5. The page on Carcharodontosaurus says it is known from Egypt, Morocco,
Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, and Niger. Last I checked, none of those are in the
6. Carcharodontosaurus means "shark-toothed lizard", not "shark lizard", IIRC.
7. The wrist of Maiasaura looks like it was restored a little too skinny for
walking on. ;-)
8. Pyroraptor is said to closely resemble the small, birdlike dinosaurs found
in China. I don't think they conveyed that very well into the restoration.
Looks like a dromaeosaurid bear somehow. And how long is "8Â½ feet"?
9. On the quiz, it asks where the first dinosaur skeleton ever found was. But
it only offers Montana, Mongolia's Gobi Desert, New Jersey, and Mexico as
I got a 90 of 100 on the quiz, because I didn't know how long dinosaurs could
live. Is there a paper discussing that sauropods could have lived for more than
a century? :-S
aim s/n Eoraptor22
Need a new email address that people can remember
Check out the new EudoraMail at