The National Dinosaur Museum-an odd question.

I was wondering if anybody had visited the National dinosaur Museum in Canberra, and if so, if you had any major problems with the exhibits.

In feb-march, our quiet time, we intend to go through the museum and redo many of our more (ahem) flawed exhibits. We realise some of the scripting is over 10 years old and in urgent need of fixing, so i thought I'd take this opportunity to ask, hoping someone may know of something that needs changing that Ive missed.

Thanks for your time

Phil Hore

National Dinosaur Museum

Canberra, Australia

ph (02) 62302655

A child was brought into this world. A child of light and innocence. A beutiful child of with talent, grace and integrity. A child to lead us into a glorious future....his name...John Wayne.

I've seen all his movies!

>From: MKIRKALDY@aol.com
>To: dinosaur@usc.edu
>Subject: Furculae
>Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:56:52 EST
>
>I hate to play the skeptic here again, but the announcement at:
>http://www.indystar.com/articles/6/096799-4686-009.html
>about a furcula found on a 2/3 grown _T. rex_ says that the fragment is 10.5
>inches long (26.67 cm) and is 3/4 of its original size.
>
>In Chris Brochu's monograph on FMNH PR2081, "Memoir 7, Osteology of
>_Tyrannosaurus rex_: Insights from a Nearly Complete Skeleton and High-Resolution
>Computed Tomographic Analysis of the Skull," pp. 95-96, he writes:
>
> "The putative _T. rex_ furcula figured by Larson (2002) is furcula-like,
>but is more likely homologous with the putative p23 rib and is not associated
>with the appendicular skeleton."
>
> "Based on relative size of the furcula [for FMNH PR2081] and other
>postcranial elements in other tyrannosaurids, we estimate the furcula of FMNH PR2081
>(whether or not this bone is a furcular fragment) to have been approximately
>20 cm in length. This seems rather short, but the furculae of other
>tyrannosaurids are also rather short."
>
>So, a fragment of a "furcula" in a _T. rex_ which was not fully grown is
>longer than a complete furcula would have been in a mature _T. rex_? Not even
>using Jim Cunningham to do the math :), the complete furcula on the Indianapolis
>specimen would have been 35.36 cm compared to FMNH PR2081 at 20 cm?
>
>Mary

Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Click here
------ NIHIL  OBSTAT from CMNH ------

email-body was scanned by InterScan VirusWall and no virus was found