Carnivore challenge.national dinosaur museum

During the school holidays the national Dinosaur Museum in Canberra Australia will be running the Carnivore challenge. Children will be handed an age specific quest when they enter to fill out as they rove around the museum. They may have to look at pictures of various teeth and search for the animal that owns them or answer some questions about carnivores. This will highlight the unusually large number of carnivores the museum has including:

SKELETONS

Coelophysis,megalosaurus, deinonychus, smilodon, thylacoleo,pteranodon,pterodactylus, limnoscelis, letverpeton, thalassina and various others.

FLESHED OUT MODELS.

Phytosaurus swarm (22 individuals), Tropeognathus,Paracylotosaurus, wonambi hatchling, Archeopteryx, compsognathus, ceradactylus and Pteranodon.T-rex (not to scale)

SKULLS:

Deinosuchus, cyclotosaurus,gavialsuchus, gavial like early reptile skull, allosaurus, tylosaurus, mosasaur,felis atrox,dinictis, T-rex

along with all the other various claws, teeth and various bits from carnivores.

This will hopefully help scare the pants of our visitors and cause many a nervous thought like..."if that was alive...."

We hope to see you here!

Phil Hore

National Dinosaur Museum

Canberra, Australia

ph (02) 62302655

A child was brought into this world. A child of light and innocence. A beutiful child of with talent, grace and integrity. A child to lead us into a glorious future....his name...John Wayne.

I've seen all his movies!

>From: Garrison Hilliard
>To: dinosaur@usc.edu
>Subject: Sea monsters, anyone?
>Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:45:04 +0000
>
>Sea Monsters at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History
>Betty O'Neill-Roderick
>Ohio.com
>
>Would you believe when dinosaurs ruled the land, giant marine reptiles,
>flesh-eating fish and giant sea turtles ruled an aquatic domain created when a
>shallow inland sea covered the midsection of North America? The Cleveland Museum
>of Natural History invites you to dive right in to the world of the Late
>Cretaceous Period, 70 million years ago, with their new exhibit: Sea Monsters,
>Savage Ancient Seas.
>The exhibit is dedicated to the memory of Dr. Michael Williams, the Museum?s
>Curator of Vertebrate Paleontology, who was working on the exhibit at the time
>of his untimely death last July. Among Dr. Williams? many professional
>achievements perhaps he was most famous for helping to identify the dinosaur
>Nanotyrannus as its own genus.
>
>The Sea Monster exhibit brings visitors face to face with some pretty fearsome
>marine creatures, like the Archelon, the largest sea turtle to ever have lived
>and the Pteranodons, who were some of the largest creatures ever to fly.
>Approximately 50 specimens are featured in the exhibit as actual fossils or
>replica casts, supplemented by specimens from the Museum?s own fossil
>collection.
>
>At kiosks interspersed through the exhibit, visitors can see how extensive the
>shallow sea was, and compare it to the size of our oceans today. While the close
>of the Cretaceous Period was the final curtain for many of these inhabitants of
>the ancient seas, several species did survive, including the Komodo dragon,
>guitarfish and the chambered nautilus.
>
>The Cleveland Museum of Natural History is well known for its fossil collection
>from the Devonian Period, many of which were unearthed from Cleveland Shale
>during construction of Interstate 71. Visitors can see a selection of these
>fossils in the permanent collection in Kirtland Hall and the Save Ancient Seas
>exhibition.
>
>The Museum plans a number of special activities to complement this exhibit,
>including the Cretaceous Water Park Camp-in, open to anyone aged 7 to 107, that
>will take place on Nov. 15 and 16. In addition a variety of classes for all ages
>will be offered, call 216-3231-4600, ext. 214 for more information on classes.
>
>On Dec. 5, Dr. Kenneth J. Lacovara, Director of Geology at Drexel University,
>will discuss Giants in the Mangrove: The Dinosaurs of Cretaceous Egypt. Dr.
>Lacovara spent the past three years in the Egyptian Sahara excavating fossil
>deposits. His lecture will be at 7:30 p.m.
>
>Also be sure to visit the Ralph Perkins II Wildlife Center & Woods Garden
>located outdoors at the Museum. Here you will see many wildlife creatures that
> [...]

Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Click here
------ NIHIL  OBSTAT from CMNH ------

email-body was scanned by InterScan VirusWall and no virus was found