bitten stegosaur plates

Bonjour,

I was having a conversation with French paleoartist Alain Beneteau this morning, and we got to wondering whether or not some stegosaur dorsal plates show evidence of theropod bite marks, as depicted in his drawing here:
http://dino.lm.com/images/display.php?id=1349
The likely answer is "no, not yet," although it seems to me something rather obvious to watch out for in future specimens, as the dorsal plates were rather large and would have certainly been an obvious target for predators if they were able to dodge that flailing tail.
Just a thought...

Jordan Mallon

Vertebrate Paleontology & Paleoecology

Website: http://www.geocities.com/paleoportfolio/