Re: Ave Maria

Peter M (zone65@bigpond.com) wrote:

<I guess I'm just a little disoriented now that spoons are no longer considered
a class, but just a plain old clade.>

  Well, I certainly wouldn't call Aves a "plain old clade." Its just that the
use of ranks have been over-rated in their complete lack of comparability to one
another, and only compare when used with taxa; their absence doesn't make the
taxa used any worse, or better, just that they are redundant and misleading when
referencing to taxa on the whole.

  Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden

  Little steps are often the hardest to take. We are too used to making leaps in
the face of adversity, that a simple skip is so hard to do.  We should all learn
to walk soft, walk small, see the world around us rather than zoom by it.