Re: Shapiro et al.'s new ornithomimosaur

--- Tim Williams wrote:

...and mononykine alvarezsaurids and avimimids (if _Avimimus_'s arctomet condition is not synapomorphic with that of caenagnathids).

Thank you, I had forgotten about those taxa.

How do you account for the "near-arctometatarsalian" metatarsus of _Microraptor_?

I was only considering the arctometatarsalian condition itself which is all that either Kobayashi & Lü (2003) and Shapiro et al. (2003) discuss. I did not think it was relevant to discuss other conditions as the list was already aware of them.

Nick Gardner

Get 10MB of e-mail storage! Sign up for Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es