SVP Student Reprint Exchange Announcement

This year, SVP will be hosting its first annual Student Reprint Exchange (SRE), at the annual meeting in St. Paul, Minnesota.

WHAT IS THE STUDENT REPRINT EXCHANGE?

It's a way for students to start building their personal libraries.

- We who have published papers bring a few reprints to the meeting, or send them to the addresses below in advance.

- These are spread out on some tables during the student forum (6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m., Thursday, October 16, Radisson Riverfront Hotel, Wabash 1-4).

- Students take some of these reprints, thereby building their libraries.

This is an opportunity for students of any stripe - graduate, undergraduate, high school, whatever. ONLY students may participate.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

We're looking for copies of relatively recent journal articles, book chapters, or shorter monographs. Papers with extensive photographic figures (which lose some resolution even in the best of PDFs) are especially welcome, but any of your recent pubs or duplicates from
your library are great.

We don't care if the authors are tenured professors or curators, students, postdocs, or avocational paleontologists; indeed, because this a student reprint exchange, publications by our student members would be especially welcome. We aren't too picky about subject matter, though the reprints should have some sort of connection to vertebrate paleontology or related disciplines.

IMPORTANT: We are requesting recent (1993 to present) reprints. Older classic reprints, books, complete sets of museum's series or an authors work, or reprints with an important person's signature should be donated to the SVP Auction. If you're not sure whether something should be donated for the auction or the SRS, pass it along to Brent Breithaupt, Andy Farke, or Chris Brochu (either in advance or at the meeting), and we'll figure it out.

A collection point will be set up near the registration desk at the meeting where you may leave reprints. You may also send them in advance to:

Christopher Brochu
Department of Geoscience
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242