Re: Feduccia Reviews Paul's DOTA, Comments

> The latter has perhaps the worst cladistic analysis I've seen.

May easily be the worst cladistic analysis ever published.

> The two included birds (Archaeopteryx, Ichthyornis) somehow manage to
appear
> BASAL TO the outgroup (supposedly based on Petrolacosaurus) in his
consensus
> tree.  This is impossible in PAUP.

It is possible. (Though the limitation of taxon names to 10 characters
suggests Hennig86.) I've had it numerous times. When I didn't yet know how
to root trees. In short: Martin published an UNROOTED TREE!!!

> Critiquing it would be too easy, so I'll leave it to all of you to laugh
at.

:-D

In the improbable case that somebody doesn't get the joke, please tell me,
and I'll make that critique. :-)