RE: Auk reviews

I actually like the fact that the Auk chose Feduccia to review DOTA.
Here we have a book that advocates a couple of pretty far out theories
and it makes perfect sense to choose as a reviewer a person who
advocates a completely opposite set of far out ideas.  A reader exposed
to the extreme two ends of the dinosaur/bird spectrum will get a fairly
good overview of the entire bird-dinosaur debate, and will be freer to
make their own opinions.  If Feduccia's arguments were illogical, then
the readers, seeing that, will form their opinions closer Paul's side of
the board, which seems to be best backed by the evidence, anyway.

All in all, the Feduccia review?  A good thing.

Dan