Palaeo spam?? Fw: prehistoric animal giantism

I received this email yesterday, and I'm wondering anyone else has come
across this sort of stuff...

-----Original Message-----
From: Marvin <index@dd.iij4u.or.jp>
To: cmchenry@westserv.net.au <cmchenry@westserv.net.au>
Date: Sunday, 21 September 2003 9:17
Subject: prehistoric animal giantism

Sir,
   I recently visited a dinosaur museum located in Fukui Prefecture here in
Japan. It was my first visit to such a museum, and it's hard to believe that
such monstrous animals were actually inhabitants of this planet. Few things
have shocked me in the 70 years I have lived, ( I am a veteran of both the
Korean and Viet Nam conflicts), but I have to tell you seeing the displays
at the Fukui  museum really made a lasting impression.
   The question that keeps bothering me is, - Has anyone come up with a
theory as to how those animals became so huge?
   Google - a fantastic search engine - brought me to your home page. I
thought I'd take a chance, and it appears that your facility might put my
curiosity to rest. I hope so.
   Thank you for your very kind consideration, and know that I am eagerly
awaiting your early reply.
Sincerely,
Marvin Harvest

anything wise to say about the evolution of large size in dinosaurs, either.

Perhaps I'm doing a disservice to Mr Harvest, but the wording reminds me of
the opening rounds of a creationist diatribe....are the creationsists now
trawling the web to pic up the email addresses of possible antagonists?  Has
anybody else come across this sort of thing?

Cheers

Colin

P.S. I haven't steeled myself to reply yet......

*****************
Colin McHenry
Geology Building
University of Newcastle