From Science AP - "Poachers Illegally Taking Fossils in S.D."

(I apologize if this is a duplicate - I put my list subscription on
postpone for Hurricane Isabel.  I finally got power back last night -
it was kind of like living in the field in the comfort of your own
home, including the 5 gallon water containers...)

Article on fossil poaching and fossil collection laws

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=624&ncid=624&e=5&u=/ap/20030922/ap_on_sc/fossils_lost