Re: DA reviews

Greg Paul (GSP1954@aol.com) wrote:

<Odd that the first review of DA that receives attention on the list is the
Auk/ward pseudoscientific rant by Feduccia - no one else can contradict himself
in the same text like he - when the book was already reviewed in The Times
Literary Supplement, Ibis, Var Fagelvard, New Scientist, and Choice. The reviews
were generally favorable, although Pat Shipman's TLS discussion of the
insectivore issue is misplaced.>

  Not odd, I think, just opportunistic: this was one of the articles I had found
to be recently published and was announcing it as normal. Nothing special should
be made of it's posting.

<BTW, it is DA, not DOTA, just as it is PDW, not PDOTW.>

 I think that. like the historic usage of PDW, the historic prevalent useage of
DOTA is memorable and more likely to be recalled that DA, which refers to other
things in one's collective memory. I think one should go with the flow if the
list will use DOTA, rather than force some form of continuity between
abbreviations.

  Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden

  Little steps are often the hardest to take. We are too used to making leaps in
the face of adversity, that a simple skip is so hard to do.  We should all learn
to walk soft, walk small, see the world around us rather than zoom by it.

GP