Re: Frills & spills

who the heck is HP Carpenter? Related to HP Lovecraft? : )

Anyway, my comment about generalities is more general: that because some
ceratopsians are found in bonebeds (hence social), that ALL ceratopsians were
social.

Add to the mix, I don't know of any protoceratopsid bone beds (aside from
groups of hatchlings/very young individuals).

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology &
Chief Preparator
Dept. of Earth Sciences
Denver Museum of Natural History
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205

Phone: (303)370-6392
Fax: (303)331-6492
email: KCarpenter@DMNS.org

>>> Mike Taylor mike@indexdata.com> 23/Sep/03 >>
Finally, while I tremble to contradict HP Carpenter ("No sweeping
generalities about herding can be made"), I thought it was the case
that most or maybe even all ceratopsian bonebeds are of centrosaurine
species ... though it's perfectly possible that he knows of chasmosaur
bonebeds that I wot not of.