Re: Goyocephale lattimorei

Tommy Bradley (htomsirveaux@mybluelight.com) wrote:

<During my recent research of Goyocephale lattimorei, I never came across the
inspiration for the species name.  I assume it's someone by the name of
Lattimore...but who is it exactly?  And why were they honored?>

  I refrained from answering this question because of my limited knowledge.
However, It is my understanding that the honored Lattimore is the anthropologist
Owen Lattimore who, in the 50s--60s traveled across Mongolia with his wife,
Eleanor, to study the (then) Communist country and its native cultures. This may
be why Perle et al. named their very unique basal pachy after him. To my
knowledge, Dr. O. Lattimore is still alive, and has been the recipient of
several awards for his work in central Asia.

  Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden

  Little steps are often the hardest to take. We are too used to making leaps in
the face of adversity, that a simple skip is so hard to do.  We should all learn
to walk soft, walk small, see the world around us rather than zoom by it.