Re: SEA DRAGONS

At 09:09 PM 25/09/03 -0400, Richard Ellis wrote:
the ichthyosaurs, looking a lot like dolphins and most docile of the group, first appeared about 250 million years ago, followed by the plesiosaurs, which looked like swimming velociraptors

I'll be delighted to buy the book, of course; but in what way, exactly, does a plesiosaur look like a swimming Velociraptor? Does a Velociraptor look like a walking plesiosaur?

I assume this comparison emerged from someone in the marketing department....

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court