Re: Frills & spills

ROBERT NICHOLLS wrote:

> Yes, apparently some calves were relocated into a park devoid of other
> elephants.  Without parental guidance, on "how an elephant should conduct
> oneself," these animals grew up as savannah bullies, and then went around
> killing petty indiscriminately!  I remember seeing some horrific rhino'
> wounds on the elephants -feet long!  ...I believe these animals now live in
> relative harmony.

...and sometimes a bit too 'harmonious' for the rhinos' liking. Bull
elephants raised outside of a social structure not only don't know how
to act like an elephant - they often don't know what species they're
meant to mate with! I wouldn't be surprised if some of the unfortunate
rhinos were killed for spurning the amorous advances of elephants.