Re: Triceratops Image Needed

At 01:34 PM 9/29/2003 -0600, you wrote:
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, T. Michael Keesey wrote:
> There are 16 images here:
> http://dino.lm.com/taxa/display.php?name=Triceratops#images
> (Although in some the _Triceratops_ is just a carcass.)

And if you go here:   http://images.google.com
and enter in    triceratops

you'll get almost 4,000 hits...

Dear Richard,

Thank you for suggesting Google but Jan tried that and the large number of "Triceratops" hits is far beyond the necessary scope of the project.

What I was hoping for, and am getting from a variety of our extremely talented artists(THANKS TO YOU ALL!) is a tight selection of very good images for Jan to choose from. When she asked me to help her, I suggested that perhaps some of the DML paleo-artists would be delighted to share their favorite images, thus making her search a tad less comprehensive and less confusing as to what exactly is an attractive Triceratops (as opposed to an unattractive Triceratops I suppose ) to the not totally paleo-oriented type person.

Cheers,
MDW

*********************************
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Geology
Curator, Paleozoic & Mesozoic Collections
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences
Georgia College & State University
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Office: 478-445-2441
FAX: 478-445-5290

http://www.faculty.de.gcsu.edu/~mwegweis/
(works best in Internet Explorer)

Director: This Side Of Hell, WY Research Project; it's north of Pitchfork Wyoming, north of Hell's Half Acre, Wyoming, west of Hell, North Dakota, and south of Hellroaring Plateau, Montana. Could it get any better than this?