re: pterosaur eggs and ankles

David Unwin wrote:

with the single exception of David Peters, this fossil is universally accepted
to be a
pterosaur embryo in an egg.

cladistic analyses are underway (literally as I write) and preliminary results
tend to support the 'pterosaurs
are ornithodirans' hypothesis. I prefer to keep an open mind on this issue, but
would accept that the data that has come out recently does seem to be drifting
things toward the Ornithodira.

Best, always,

David Peters