Knight's Naosaurus Model

eBay is featuring a great photo of a very young Chas.R. Knight sculpting the
chimaeric pelycosaur, Naosaurus (I think that's what they were calling it).
It's the body of Edaphosaurus with Dimetrodon's head. I've seen a drawing by
Knight of this model made to study its shadows which was a distinctive
technique
of the master. The model was later retrofitted with a correct Edaphosaurus
head and can be seen at the Philadelphia Academy of Sciences. eBay also has a
lovely original watercolor of a hunting dog by Knight. DV
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66465&item=3740210675&;
rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW