Re: Anomolus Pterosaur element identification help.

Christopher Collinson (Chris_Collinson@monarch.net) wrote:

  This is part of Anhanguera specimen AMNH 22555. I really haven't a clue
of what it is but I'm leaning toward a sternum, but the part on the bottom
makes me unsure. I was hoping someone on the list might have an idea. I
need to know for a reconstruction I'm doing. Thanks.>

  This is a portion of the suspensorium, including jugal and
quadratojugal; the quadrate, and the rear of the lower jaw, whose elements
are largely fused; the slots or holes in the lower jaw are likely vascular
foramina corresponding to the surangular foramina in other reptiles, but
are not typically noted in pterosaurs.

Jaime A. Headden

Do you Yahoo!?