Re: Typical and less typical types

> Ah, not quite. Paratypes are all the specimens used to make the original
diagnosis.

Really? Even if not explicitely designated as such?

> A paratype cannot be designated after the fact. [...]
> A holotype is always a holotype, even if the name is declared a nomen
dubium.

Thanks for reminding me; I should have mentioned this. (Only lectotypes and
neotypes can be designated after the original description; holotypes stay
holotypes except if a neotype is designated for that very name by the
Commission.)

> cotypes are not important anymore since the term is no longer used.

OIC.