RE: Tyrannosaurid Growth Spurts

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Tim Williams
>

> John Hunt wrote:
>
> >BTW, has Gorgosaurus been re-instated, I thought it was a synonym for
> >Albertosaurus.
>
> Based on two recent studies, yes, _Gorgosaurus libratus_ and
> _Albertosaurus
> sarcophagus_ appear to represent distinct genera:
>
> Currie, P.J., Hurum, J.H., and Sabath, K. (2003). Skull structure and
> evolution in tyrannosaurid dinosaurs. Acta Palaeontologica
> Polonica 48 (2):
> 227-234.
>
> Hurum, P.J. and Sabath, K. (2003). Giant theropod dinosaurs from Asia and
> North America: Skulls of Tarbosaurus bataar and Tyrannosaurus rex
> compared.
> Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 48 (2): 161-190.

Er... And:
Holtz, T.R., Jr. 2001. The phylogeny and taxonomy of the Tyrannosauridae.
Pp. 64-83, in D.H. Tanke and K. Carpenter (eds.), Mesozoic Vertebrate Life:
New Research Inspired by the Paleontology of Philip J. Currie. Indiana Univ.
Press.

Ahem...

To Be Continued in: Dinosauria II, coming later this year.