Re: Jurassic Park 4 Script Review

> But then again, jaguars, leopards, some tigers & cats can get up there,
> so I can't really see any reason why a dromaeosaur of comparable
> weight couldn't. The only limitation is the size of the tree.

Oh no. Another limitation is the anatomy of the animal. It can't pronate its
hands. It can't pronate its feet. It can't sprawl its legs. Even its back is
stiff. I don't think its claws -- well-curved on the hands, not so on the
feet -- can make up for all this in such a large animal.

> > WAIR?  (=Wing-Assisted Incline Running)

Isn't it a bit big for that, respectively its arms too short?

> > I think we can all agree that _Microraptor_ was capable of some form
> > of aerial locomotion.

OK.

> > I think we can also also agree that
> > _Microraptor_ was incapable of a running take-off.

I'm not sure...

> > So then, it needed an elevated site for its aerial launches.  Why not
trees?

Doesn't solve the problem for the much bigger JP raptors.