Re: Jurassic Park 4 Script Review

David Marjanovic wrote:

> > WAIR?  (=Wing-Assisted Incline Running)

Isn't it a bit big for that, respectively its arms too short?

I was referring to dromaeosaurs in general. I think the lil'uns could (and did) climb and jump out of trees, but as for the big'uns (_Deinonychus_ and their ilk), probably not.

> > I think we can also also agree that
> > _Microraptor_ was incapable of a running take-off.

I'm not sure...

Those hindlimb wings ("butt-fans") look maladapted for running - never mind building up speed for ground-level takeoff.