Re: Jurassic Park 4 Script Review

>>>I think we can all agree that _Microraptor_ was capable of some form of
>>>aerial locomotion.  I think we can also also agree that _Microraptor_ was
>>>incapable of a running take-off.  So then, it needed an elevated site for
>>>its aerial launches.  Why not trees?<<<

I don't think we can all agree to this, sorry.  Sure, Microraptor was utilizing
its feathers in an aerodynamic fashion, but it is not at all obvious that is
was the type of flight that you are thinkng of when you say it was incapable of
a running takeoff.  Everyone thinks that the ground-up origin of flight means
learning to fly from the ground, rather than just, say, leaping after prey.  As
for why not trees, because the ARE NOT built for it.  Sure, they could get up
in trees, just like goats can, but they aren't built to habitually utilize
arboreal perches in their prey aquisition.

--
Scott Hartman
Zoology & Physiology

(307) 742-3799