RE: Dromaeosaur climbing & propulsive abilities (was Re: Jurassic Park 4 Script Review)

Amtoine Grant wrote:

What do young male humans use big-azz spoilers on the backs of their tricked out cars for? To attract the opposite sex. Also, to imply to the next man's stock car, "I'm bigger/better" than you.

First and foremost, spoilers serve an aerodynamic purpose - on cars as on aircraft. As you imply (I think) there's no reason why they can't serve other purposes as well. Same for theropod feathers, then as now.

Which brings me back to my first point on spring-loaded toe claws. Given that they're pretty round in cross section and less made for slicing, it may be a possibility that may have used them to sort of anchor, then using the spring loaded action(lol, G.I. Joe) used them to slingshot themselves forward.

Sounds like a Wile E. Coyote moment to me.

* beep beep *

Tim

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/