Re:Re: Jurassic Park 4 Script Review

Dann Pigdon wrote:

Dromaeosaur sickle claws would have been poor climbing or launching
devices. They were too thin and blade-like, built more for penetration than holding. Most climbing claws tend to be circular or ovoid in

Still, claws specialized for penetration might have been useful in climbing.

I would add that in discussing the morphology of claws, there is a distinction between the ungual bone and the actual claw (i.e., the overlying keratinous sheath). For most taxa, we don't know the exact morphology of the claws because the sheath is not preserved. But, as Dann said, I don't think there's any doubt that dromie claws were specialized for grasping and slashing prey.

Also, as mentioned often on this list, seriemas reportedly use their enlarged inner talons as climbing aids. Seriemas are predatory birds that spend most of their time on grounds, but roost in trees.

Lawrence Dunn wrote:

Actually, The Empire Strikes Back is considered to be superior to the first
Star Wars movie, and of course there is always The Godfather, Part II.
Sequel doesn't necessarily mean disaster.

The good word is that "Seriously Dude, Where's My Car" will be a classic. Right up there with "Citizen Kane".

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx