Re: "Dynamosaurus" armor revealed

--- "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." <tholtz@geol.umd.edu>
wrote:

> I've received my copy of Ken Carpenter's paper on
> the osteology of
> Ankylosaurus (2004. CJES 41:961-986).  A lot of good
> stuff in there.

 Including stratigraphic data. How did he determine
that AMNH 5895 was 61-67m below the K-T boundary in
the Hell Creek? Coombs was unable to find precise
stratigraphic data in AMNH archives for any of the A.
magniventris specimens. I once suggested onlist that
someone relocate the AMNH 5895 quarry to find out.

> A nice theropodan-related issue in the article is
> that the plates associated
> with the type of "Dynamosaurus imperiosus" (aka
> Tyrannosaurus rex) are now
> illustrated (Fig. 20), and identified as those of
> Ankylosaurus magniventris

  Could they be stomach contents?