Re: "Dynamosaurus" armor revealed

Tim Donovan wrote:

I once suggested onlist that
someone relocate the AMNH 5895 quarry to find out.

That seems like unnecessary work: It's very difficult to relocate an entire quarry. Let's leave it where it is for now.

;-)

"Dynamosaurus imperiosus" (aka Tyrannosaurus rex) are now illustrated (Fig. 20), and identified as those of Ankylosaurus magniventris

Could they be stomach contents?

I wondered that too (and I remembered an old Far Side cartoon describing ankylosaurs as roughage). I might be wrong, but I think the dermal plates were associated with the ribs of _Dynamosaurus_. However, the _Dynamosaurus_ specimen is very incomplete and disarticulated, and was found jumbled in the matrix with ceratopsian and hadrosaur material as well.

Tim