Re: Jurassic Park 4 Script Review

On Wednesday, August 18, 2004, at 05:36 PM, Ken Carpenter wrote:

Actually, there is a lot of doubt about that by dinosaur paleontologist. It is a topic discussed in a new BBC dinosaur program currently under development. Although we do not have the keratinous sheath, the overall morphology indicates a lack of "razor-sharp" edge. The report of cassowaries disemboweling the prey (cited by Ostrom) is not due to a slashing of the claw, but the ripping effect of the bird's mass behind the claw. Little Velociraptor had little mass for a cassowary-style slashing.
That depends on from how high up the little raptor starts it's strike. A penny doesn't weight much, but if you drop it from the 8th floor, the it's weight'll get magnified quite a bit by the time it reaches it's target. Also depends on the skin thickness of the victim.
Speaking of BBC, who knows when I can catch Sea Monsters? And this program you're talking about?
Also, where can I see a picture of the cassowaries' toe claws?