Re: Plesiopterys, new plesiosaur from Germany

FYI

on pteryx in Greek transcription (since I can't get these
Greek/Hellenic script) have is pi tau epsilon with acute accent rho
upsilon xi (the nominative sing.) and (genitive sing.) pterygos as ygos
is again upsilon gamma omicron sigma. I didn't realize until I looked
this word up that it was wing. I never really had thought about it. The
root would be the second form minus the omicron and sigma terminal.