breaking up hard rocks

Does anyone on the list know what I might add to water that I am soaking a well indurated sandstone/mudstone pebble conglomerate to help disaggregrate it. Something commercially available that would not as a side effect, destroy the fossils within would be nice. This particular sediment has wonderful vertebrate fossils in it but is hard to sample because of its hardness. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have been soaking a 5 gallon bucket of it for a week now with very limited overall effect.
Frank Bliss
MS Biostratigraphy
Weston, Wyoming