Re: Major new paper on dromaeosaurids, with other significant maniraptoran info

Tim Williams wrote-

> Somebody showed me a copy - so I don't have reprints (alas) to pass
around.

My copy's on its way.  Hopefully will be here tomorrow.

> Senter et al. (2004) re-interpret the element described by Perle et al.
> (1999) as a second pedal ungual as a first manual ungual.

Who would have guessed? *cough* http://dml.cmnh.org/2000Oct/msg00476.html
*cough*

> Also, as previously mentioned, the three Jiufotang microraptorians
> (_Microraptor zhaoianus_, _M. gui_, _Cryptovolans pauli) are considered
> synonymous.

Not that I doubt this synonymy, but note Cryptovolans was examined by way of
Czerkas' book, which lacked detailed description for the taxon, and only
adequately illustrated a few elements.

Mickey Mortimer
Undergraduate, Earth and Space Sciences
University of Washington